"Because Denmark has a strong and growing research infrastructure in Life Sciences, we decided to locate our European HQ here. BGI Europe is the bridge between BGI China and Europe. It opens all kinds of opportunities within areas such as basic scientific researches, personalised healthcare, agriculture and bio-energy fields and joint-education"
CEO, Dr. Ning Li, BGI Europe
BGI, since its inception in 1999 in Beijing, has focused on developing its sequencing and bioinformatics capabilities while turning to outside teams in crop science, human disease, and microbiology to help define its research objectives.
Reasons for choosing Denmark:
• Denmark offers a solid and broad network of pharmaceutical, fermentation and biotech companies guaranteeing optimal conditions for genomics research.
• Operating in the Danish Medicon Valley, one of Europe’s most successful Life Sciences clusters, offers a dynamic competitive environment.
• Research institutions and universities in Denmark are working seriously with cutting-edge projects and cross sector collaborations, to the benefit of engaged companies in the area.
• Attractive environment for BGI due to the dedicated, businessoriented, and flexible workforce.
• An attractive tax scheme and legal framework makes it simple to establish and operate in Denmark.