"For a company like ours, with global headquarters in Germany, geography counts. Denmark has direct flights to most cities in Europe and is logistically a perfect choice. In addition to this, the social infrastructure is splendid for our expatriates - they even have an international and a German school here..."
- Peer Steensbro, Finance Director, Bayer Norden
Reasons for choosing Denmark:
- Communication with continental Europe is as efficient as the inter-Scandinavian links
- The relations with the Baltic States and Eastern Europe have been historically strong
- The direct access to the east cannot be matched from neither Sweden, Norway nor Finland
- Europe’s most flexible labour market – allowing companies to operate 24/7/365
- Dynamic business environment with a minimum of ‘red tape’
In the beginning of the 1990s, Bayer decided to streamline the organization by establishing a regionalized structure. The Nordic headquarters - Bayer Norden - were placed in Denmark.
Today, Bayer Norden is made up of one integrated organizational structure for subsidiaries in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and the three Baltic States. Bayer Norden handles management, sales & marketing, accounting & taxation, environmental affairs, IT and quality control for the entire region.
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the field of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. The Bayer Group consists of three sub-groups: HealthCare, CropScience and MaterialScience supported by three service companies.