"Our Copenhagen facilities are a strong focal point for our activities in Scandinavia, Europe and the world. The area around eastern Denmark and southern Sweden is very attractive for companies like us, and we are glad to be here. For one thing, the general level of education in the region is very high. More specifically, the hospital and university systems in Copenhagen and nearby Lund (Sweden) are large and well developed. There is also a highly active cluster of biotech and pharmaceutical companies in the surrounding area. Together, these factors make for a dynamic environment and a rich source of partners, researchers, clinicians and recruits."
- Ole Kjerulf-Jensen, Managing Director, Ferring Pharmaceuticals A/S
Reasons for choosing Denmark:
- Access to more than 30,000 highly educated medical industry professionals in the Medicon Valley Region
- Medicon Valleys high concentration of medical schools, university research institutions and hundreds of life science companies
- Highly specialized hospital clinics with a reputation for producing extremely high quality data
- Denmark’s massive public funding of education and health care provides for a very sophisticated medical infrastructure
- Attractive tax schemes for expatriate researchers provide access to top professionals around the globe
- Strong infrastructure
- Attractive location of Ferring Pharmaceuticals right next to Copenhagen Airport
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven biopharmaceutical company devoted to identifying, developing, and marketing peptide-based products in the fields of urology, gynaecology & obstetrics, gastroenterology, and endocrinology.