Invest in Danish
With 2200 Danish cleantech companies, 106,000 employees and a 32 billion Euro annual turnover, Denmark is one of the world’s indisputable cleantech centres.
Denmark has gone from being 99 percent dependent on foreign fossil fuel to being completely energy self-sufficient. Almost forty years of focused energy policy has catapulted Denmark ahead of most other nations in the use of renewable energy technology.
Why place your cleantech activities in Denmark?
- A full value chain in renewable energy
- Excellence in wind power, smart grid and bio-energy
- The world’s first fossil free society by 2050
- Indisputable industry leader and serious government dedication to maintain and develop its strong renewable energy position
- Nationwide state-of-the-art smart grid energy system
- Best wind exploitation in the world
- World class research and talent pools providing excellent innovative and user-centred cleantech solutions
- Exemplary collaborative business environment and public-private partnerships
- Excellent opportunities for cross-over innovation with other technologies
- No less than 46 research institutions are focusing on R&D within cleantech.
Fossil-free by 2050
The Danish government has set the goal to be completely independent of fossil fuels by 2050. The Government also has ambitious shorter term goals of a 12% reduction of gross energy consumption in 2020 in comparison to 2006; a share of 35% renewable energy in 2020; and 50% wind energy in Danish electricity consumption in 2020.
Sustainable growth and a booming cleantech industry
Danish society exemplifies how sustainable development can go hand in hand with increasing consumption and economic growth. In the last 25 years, the Danish economy has grown by 70 percent while energy consumption has remained largely unchanged.
Cleantech has been the fastest-growing sector of Danish exports in recent years, and exports are expected to quadruple in the next four to five years.