Danish competencies within bioenergy technologies are much in demand and the country serves as a perfect industry hub and live testing ground for modern energy technologies on biofuels and biogas.
Denmark is a bioenergy stronghold
Danish companies combine research and development (R&D) with new and efficient bioenergy solutions:
- Denmark has a leading role in combustion of straw, with a number of energy efficient full scale plants
- Denmark is a leader in the development of combined heat and power plants (CHP)
- Danish technology is among the world’s best when it comes to turning waste and biomass into energy in CHPs
Collaboration with Danish companies and universities
Both companies and universities in Denmark are very open towards strategic collaborations with foreign companies and research institutions.
Due to the strong foundation and long-standing tradition for continuous research and development, Denmark is the ideal place for your bioenergy activities. Particularly production and test facilities, demonstration plants and R&D centres have excellent working conditions.
Biofuel production and research are core competencies in Denmark
Denmark is home to world leading enzymes developers and manufacturers like Novozymes and Danisco, leading the way in production and development of bioethanol.
Biofuel companies in Denmark focus their production and research on:
- Turning biogas into energy and biofuel
- Utilization of solid biomass to heat, power and second generation biofuel
- Biological conversion of biomass to liquid fuel
Agricultural related biogas in Denmark
Danish companies and research institutions are at the forefront in agricultural based biogas and biomass technologies for combustion, gasification and bio-gasification.
The biogas community in Denmark counts suppliers, consultants and a strong research and development (R&D) environment. Denmark has 20 joint biogas plants, 60 farm plants, 25 landfield plants and 60 municipal plants in operation.