The Danish wireless and mobile industry is among the world’s strongest in communication technology and software engineering.
A strong and unique interplay between Danish universities and the industry, both domestic and abroad, has resulted in Denmark maintaining its top position. Corporations such as Nokia, Motorola, Microsoft, Ericsson and Google have already chosen to benefit from this favourable location and invested in research and development facilities in Denmark.
Why invest in wireless in Denmark?
- A wireless cluster with world-class competencies in mobile R&D activities such as GSM, GPRS, Edge, LTE/LTE Advanced, Bluetooth, Z-Wave and ZigBee, mobile 2.0 and location-based services
- Excellent public-private partnerships with internationally respected research and educational institutions working closely with industry
- Competent R&D engineering talent with a collaborative tradition for sharing skills and technologies
- 154,000 USD value increment per fulltime employee in the telecommunication sector
- Many digital frontrunner start-ups
- High standard track record within design and development of user interfaces, handsets and software
- Advanced experience in the interaction between users and producers creates a fertile innovation environment
Denmark contributes to international research and development
The first GSM phone was developed in Denmark, giving Denmark a historically strong position in international mobile communication research and development. Since then, Denmark has contributed considerably to international research and development – lately within advanced LTE research.