Denmark is one of Europe’s leading medical technology industry nations. This has been accomplished with a particular focus on research and development, design and innovation, market testing, high-tech production and user-producer linkages.
Denmark offers a number of attractive business solutions for foreign companies, from R&D collaborations with Danish universities, establishing a European headquarters, design center or entering into a strategic partnership regarding test market and demonstration projects, to the actual production of MedTech devices.
By placing medical technology activities in Denmark your company gets access to
- knowledge of design, engineering and clinical competence – the three main building blocks of the medical technology industry
- an industry in continuous progress and growth
- basic and applied research, a highly skilled talent pool, and a tradition for knowledge and technology transfer to the market
- a unique interplay between industry players in a mutually beneficial collaborative business environment
- an industry based on strong user-producer linkages
Danish medical technology in a global perspective
Considering the small size of the country – counting a mere 5.5 million inhabitants or roughly 1.4 percent of the total EU population – Danish medical technology companies hold a significant position in terms of medical technology producers in Europe with a critical mass of world leading industry players like Bang & Olufson Medicom, Coloplast, Dako - An Agilent Technologies Company, GN ReSound, Invacare, Oticon, Philips Healthcare, Widex and William Cook Europe.
A huge export success
The industry is a huge export success for Denmark: Over 95 percent of the total Danish industry revenue is generated outside Denmark. This makes the country one of Europe’s largest exporters of medical technology products per capita.
Danish medtech areas of business excellence