Wind power in Denmark
- a global wind power hot spot
Wind power companies looking to conduct production, research and development, project management, sales and testing in Denmark, will benefit from a unique industry that comprises world leading players like Vestas, Siemens Wind Power, Suzlon and Envision in one sector.
Wind power in Denmark – research and smart grid solutions
Denmark has a long tradition for exploiting wind power. With striking research results in the last 25 years, more than 20 percent of today’s Danish electricity consumption is produced by means of wind power.
Denmark is a world leader in wind power
Around 20 percent of the world’s wind turbines was supplied by Danish-based companies in 2009 and 90 percent of the world’s offshore wind turbines are either Danish produced or have Danish developed foundations and components. Global companies like Vestas, Siemens Wind Power, Suzlon and Envision Energy all have R&D activities in Denmark and there is great global interest in being part of the Danish wind power cluster.
Top 5 reasons for placing wind power activities in Denmark
- Access to a complete value chain of sub-suppliers and professional services
- Access to a highly qualified and experienced talent pool – 24,000 people employed in the wind power sector
- Access to universities with cutting edge know-how, extensive experience in collaborating with the industry and world class research and test centres
- A combined turnover of EUR 6.6 billion in the industry ensures a high degree of market knowledge
- Danish manufacturers produced turbines, foundations or installations for 90 percent of the accumulated offshore wind power in the world in 2009