Vestas lands order for wind turbine project in Spain  

2007.01.11
Denmark's Vestas Wind Systems has gained an order for 22 V90-2.0 MW wind turbines for a project in the Asturias in Spain
Denmark's Vestas Wind Systems has gained an order for 22 V90-2.0 MW wind turbines for a project in the Asturias in Spain. The order was placed by Northeolic Sierra de Tineo,  which is 75% owned by Denmark's Dong Energy and the remaining 25% by Spain's Northeolic. Delivery of the wind turbines is scheduled to begin in March 2008, and the project is slated for completion by the end of 2008.
 
Javier Rodriguez, general manager of Vestas Eólica says: "We are very satisfied with this order which will be the first wind energy unit for Vestas in Asturias. With an objective of 450 MW installed wind energy by 2010, and an installed capacity of 164 MW in 2005, Asturias follows the growth of the wind turbine industry in other regions in Spain."
 
Vestas Wind Systems is the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. The concern is headquartered in Randers, Jutland, and employs 11,200 people worldwide. Vestas has production facilities in Denmark, Germany, China, India, Italy, UK, Spain, Sweden, Norway and Australia. In 2005, Vestas Wind Systems generated revenues of DKK 26.7 bn (USD 4.3 bn), and sold wind turbines with a total power of 3,185 MW worldwide. The news was reported by Nyhedsbureauet Direkt.
 

Next step

Explore business cases

Please contact me

Name
Company
E-mail
Phone
How can we help you?

IDK
We use cookies to make the website perform optimally. You accept cookies by closing the box or continuing to use the website. Click here to read more about cookies. ×