New figures show growth in the Danish medical equipment industry  

2008.02.21
Figures from the Danish industry organisation for medical equipment show that the industry generated DKK 40.8bn in revenues in 2006
New figures from Medicoindustrien, the Danish industry organisation for medical equipment, show that the industry is growing, writes financial daily newspaper Børsen. In 2006, Danish medico companies generated total revenues of DKK 40.8bn (USD 8.2bn) compared with DKK 39.9bn (USD 8bn) in 2005.
 
"The medico industry is a growth industry. It achieves higher growth than the average because the global healthcare area is growing," Jens Kristian Gøtrik, director of Medicoindustrien, told Børsen. He did add however that the European market is experiencing price pressure which could affect the industry, while the US is among the countries where there is a growth potential.
 
"Price pressure means focus on budgets in the public sector, so perhaps growth will be less than forecast, but it is still a growth industry that exceeds the general growth in society," said Gøtrik. Denmark generates about 85% of its medical equipment revenues from Europe, the US and Japan. "So there is a great potential in the remaining 15%," comments Jens Kristian Gøtrik.
 
Denmark has a particularly strong position in disposable medical equipment, measuring equipment and hearing aids. The industry also has a number of highly specialised niche companies among SMEs.

Next step

Explore business cases

Please contact me

Name
Company
E-mail
Phone
How can we help you?

IDK
We use cookies to make the website perform optimally. You accept cookies by closing the box or continuing to use the website. Click here to read more about cookies. ×