The Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics at Copenhagen Business School has just added another accolade, this time from a Danish accreditation body, to its existing list of international accreditations. ACE Denmark has, awarded the programme known as the Blue MBA its mark of approval. The highly esteemed programme already holds the triple-crown of international accreditations (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB), awarded to less than one percent of global business schools, and can now add yet another feather to its hat.
- "This latest accreditation, taken with three other important approvals that have been bestowed in recent times on Copenhagen Business School, is a clear marker that those who sign up for the Blue MBA will be rewarded with the finest education of its type," says Programme Director Irene Rosberg and continues:
- "It is well known that ACE takes a highly rigorous approach when it scrutinises MBA programmes, and we are proud to have been recognised as offering executive education of the highest standard."
CBS Maritime adds value
ACE Denmark practices a rigorous accreditation policy and evaluates programmes on basis of need and relevance, knowledge, learning outcomes, programme design and implementation, internal quality control and development. An important and contributing factor to the Blue MBA programme’s ACE accreditation is the launch of CBS Maritime earlier this year, which aims to coordinate the maritime activities and competencies at CBS and develop maritime research and teaching in close association with the business community. With CBS Maritime, the Blue MBA and the CBS maritime research have become closer connected. The concentration of maritime expertise across CBS maritime study programmes and courses as well as research environment will benefit all parties and ensure the Blue MBA programme is well set up for the future. Professor Britta Gammelgaard is Associate Dean for the Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics. She also sits alongside Irene Rosberg in the steering committee for CBS Maritime. - We are very proud of our Blue MBA programme which is unique in the world as is, but as all study programmes we are in a competitive position, a position that needs all our efforts and attention, says Britta, Gammelgaard. - With the gathering of maritime competencies at the business school, we will sustain our competitiveness worldwide together with our extensive, international research networks within shipping and logistics, she says.
About the CBS Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics
• The programme was launched in 2001 and has since graduated 120 students from 35 countries
• Intake is every other year, with the next class starting in September 2013
• The programme consists of eight modules taking place in Denmark, the UK and Germany
• Participants graduate after having completed all eight modules and a final master thesis
Read more about the CBS Executive MBA Programme on CBS' website or contact Programme Director Irene Rosberg at
or +45 3815 6007.